Tents are an essential part of any camping trip. They provide shelter from the sun and rain, as well as privacy when you need to change clothes or go to the bathroom.
Some people find tents challenging to set up in a hurry, but we have found five tents that can be set up quickly with minimal fuss (or frustration).
Quick to setup tents are great for a number of reasons. They offer you the convenience of setting up and breaking down quickly, they’re lightweight making them easier to carry with you on hikes or camping trips, and many quick setup tents also have built-in features that make it easy to keep your gear organized.
The Coleman Cabin Tent with instant setup has to be one of the best tents for quick setup that is easily and widely available.This four person tent takes 60 seconds to setup – and that includes the time to take it out of it’s bag. If you want more to choose from though, we’ve checked out four more great tents for you to consider.
How to choose the best tents for quick setup
When you are looking to choose a tent for a quick setup there are a few things that you need to consider:
How long will it take to put up the tent? Setup times can vary from as little as 6 or 7 minutes up to somewhere in the region of 20 minutes. What might be fast for someone else may not be fast for you.
Are you able to put the tent up alone? This may be important to you, you may need to be able to erect a tent yourself, perhaps you are camping alone, or there will be no one in your party that can help you.
How durable is the tent? Like many things, tents vary in quality and some are more durable and long lasting than others. You’ll want a tent that will last for a long time.
Size. Tents come in a variety of shapes and sizes and you will need a tent that can easily accommodate everyone and all of their belongings. It will also need enough room for equipment and for relaxation if the weather turns bad.
5 Best Tents for Quick Setup
Here we will look at the Top 5 best tents for quick setup.
Each review will contain a list of pros and cons with a key benefit to each product to help you make a smooth and easy decision.
In doing so you’ll easily figure out which tent is best suited for you.
Best Tents for a Quick Setup Overview
1. Coleman Cabin Tent Instant – Fastest Setup
The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup is perfect for nights spent outdoors.
The 150D/150D polyester combined with taped seams and oversized zippers ensures you’ll have a sheltered surface to sleep on all season long.
A rainfly provides extra weather protection so rain won’t have the chance of getting inside. And, setup couldn’t be simpler–just in as little time as 1 minute, this cabin tent will stand up to whatever condition Mother Nature throws its way.
There are four windows and two screened vents help circulate air which can sometimes get stale when sleeping for extended periods of time.
These windows also allow for a nice view when looking out at the stars or watching an animal outside.
The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup is perfect for those quick camping trips where you don’t want to spend hours setting up your tent just to sleep over night and get back home in the morning.
Now, let’s talk about what this cabin has in place that make it so awesome!
It takes 60 seconds flat (and I mean anything from unrolling it from its bag to having all four poles set) – No need for any extra tools–you can use whatever implements are on hand like rocks or sticks if needed! – Two screened vents help circulate air: there will never be any dampness if you use the vents correctly to maintain airflow
The tent is made from materials that are resistant to water and will not absorb any moisture
It benefits from a good design so you can lie in bed without feeling claustrophobic when it’s raining outside. You also get plenty of ventilation with this option, which means less condensation inside the cabin!
The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup is one of the best and easiest tents to setup quickly. If you have excited children or pets that you need to watch or just want to get on with the job quickly and easily then this is one of the best tents available.
- Instant tent sets up in just 1 minute. Fits 1 queen-size air bed.5 Tent Windows with 1 door
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric for reliable, long-lasting use
- Integrated vented rainfly improves airflow without any extra assembly needed
- Measures 8 x 7 feet with 4-foot 11-inch center height
150D/150D Polyester taped seams.
WEATHERPROOF – Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from coming in.
Integrated rainfly provides extra protection.
Double thick fabric provides extra insulation and protection for year round camping.
Roomy interior for 4 to 6 people.
1 year warranty.
Easy to erect – fast and simple
1 person can setup and take down
Lots of room inside
Goes back in the bag easily when you put it away
Not the lightest of tents and if you’re planning to backpack it is probably too heavy.
We really like this tent. It is so easy to setup and take down, just one person can do it and you don’t need to have any camping experience to set it up.
It has loads of room inside, has lots of light and ventilation and is fully water and rain proof.
2. Ubon 2-3 Person Pop up Tent – Best Budget
This easy, quick setup tent provides great protection from the harsh sun when you are out on the beach or spending time outdoors.
The 190T polyester fabric with silver coating is durable and provides a spacious interior making it perfect for large families.
You can count on this quality, affordable 2-3 person pop up family tent to give you comforts of home as well as sufficient shade in hot summer days.
The Ubon tent is another excellent option for the person looking to set up their tent quickly.
It comes with a removable rain fly which means you can pitch it in seconds and enjoy all of its benefits without having to worry about any potential downpours or windy periods that may come your way during your time camping.
This tent is a convenient and durable tent perfect for traveling, camping or a family outing. Its multifunctional so you can enjoy the outdoors with two to three people without the hassle of packing tons of stuff.
The tent pops open for easy setup and is made from 190T polyester fabric that contains a silver coating for full protection against sunlight (UPF 30) as well as natural water repellence.
You’ll also love our ventilated roof design which ensures that it’s always cool inside whatever the outside temperature while keeping fresh air flowing in.
It’s an all-round great tent, perfect for camping in any season
- Set Up Easily: Instant pop-up tent that can be assembled in 10 seconds. Release the tent from the bag, pull out the 2 white locks, and it will pop up automatically.
- Excellent Ventilation: Large sections of mesh windows provide superior natural ventilation. Excellent air circulation lets you stay cool and comfortable during your adventure.
- Sun Protection: 190T Polyester fabric with a silver coating will shelter you from sunburn. It’s a welcome, shady retreat from the heat and UV damage for your kids.
- Roomy but Lightweight: 78.7 * 59 * 43.3 inches fits 2 adults well; 78.7 * 72.8 * 53.1 inches is spacious for three persons. The total weight is only 3.1 ／3.75lbs, so that you can backpack it anywhere.
- Pack Up Handily: Fold it flat and twist it into a circle to fit in the carrying bag. With just two steps, you can quickly close it up and store it in any tiny place you want.
Lightweight with lots of room!
190T Polyester Fabric with silver coating.
DURABLE & SUN PROTECTED – to protect from heat and glare of the sun.
2 mesh door & 2 mesh windows for great ventilation.
Inner pockets for storage
Roof hook for camping lantern
Quick and easy to setup
Good weather and rain resistance
Lightweight and portable
Lots of internal space
Good value tent
Limited headroom inside
This is a good budget tent that is easy to carry around and will work well for weekend camping trips, festivals and those that are looking to camp on a budget.
It is really easy to setup and take down and comes with a handy carry bag that it fits into easily.
Plenty of room inside and good weather resistance.
3. Naturehike Cloud-Up – Best For Hiking
This is the perfect backpacking tent for those who are always chasing their next adventure- whether it be on trails, in the great outdoors or just out exploring.
Naturehike has given you everything you need with this 3 person tent- a lightweight and durable shelter which features many innovative design solutions- like mesh interior pockets and an incredibly easy to set up system that requires 1 person only.
The tent features many innovative design solutions such as mesh interior pockets and an incredibly easy to set up system that requires only one person.
This lightweight tent is made from 210T polyester for great wet weather protection and comes with an included rain fly.
Strong yet lightweight aluminium poles help to reduce weight while maintaining structural integrity while the tent is erected.
– 210T polyester rain fly for wet weather protection
– Lightweight aluminium poles reduce weight while maintaining structural integrity.
– Mesh interior pockets help to organise your belongings and keep them dry.
The Naturehike Cloud Up tent is the perfect lightweight shelter that will fit in any backpack, with a minimalistic design and innovative features all at an affordable price.
- 【ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT】: Naturehike’s Cloud up 3-season, 3-person backpacking tent offers the most spacious and comfortable accommodations in an ultra-lightweight design. The Cloud up 210T weighs only 5.9 lbs. It is a must-own outdoor gear for every minimalist backpacker.
- 【QUALITY THROUGHOUT】: The high-quality details include but not limited to smooth and reliable YKK dual zippers, mesh interior pockets, extremely durable rip-stop fabric materials, a full-coverage rainfly and firm lightweight structure, to stand up to your biggest adventures. We are eager to enhance our customers’ outdoor experience with the outstanding quality of our Cloud up tents.
- 【WATERPROOF】: The Cloud up 210T tent polyester rain fly & bathtub with a PU 3000 coating is extremely firm and waterproof. Our weatherproof material with factory-sealed seams keeps you bone-dry in extreme weather conditions.
- 【QUICK & EASY SETUP】: Naturehike’s tents come with a straightforward instruction manual. The usual setup time for a person’s first use of the Cloud up tent is around 5 minutes.
- 【GUARANTEED AFTER-SALE SERVICE】: Naturehike provides an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee; and a lifetime limited warranty for quality-issued reasons. If your product has a manufacturing defect simply let us know! At Naturehike, customer satisfaction is highly valued.
Double skinned ideal for all year round camping!
Inner tent anti scratch 210T Polyester & B3 breathable mesh.
Outer tent 210T Polyester PU 3000mm water resistant & UV50 + sun protection guarantee.
Tent poles made from 7001 space aluminum.
7001 aluminum tent pegs
Rip stop nylon carry bag
Very lightweight and very tough
Incredibly easy to setup
Great weather resistance
Sizing is not as accurate as other tents and you may need to go up a size.
This has to be the lightest and toughest quick setup tent available. Weighing only 4.7 pounds (with the poles and tent pegs) it is a true warrior of a tent.
The tent is very easy to setup and take down and can be used as single skin or double depending on your needs and preference.
Ideal for all weather conditions the double skin provides good rain and snow resistance and offers great warmth, yet good ventilation when the sun comes out.
4. Coleman 8-Person – Best Large Tent
This tent is big enough for 8 full-sized people and their actual size air beds.
The WeatherTec system of corner welds and inverted seams keep unwanted water out and allow you to sleep worry free in the outdoors.
With an extended door awning, this provides plenty of dry space for shoes, gear, or anything else outside the tent that isn’t supposed to be wet like electronics that could easily get ruined by rain.
The 6-foot 2 inch center height also allows tall people to stand up straight in the tent and have plenty of headroom.
This is the tent choose if you are looking for easy setup with maximum space for you and your friends and it is perfect for any family or group of people looking to camp in style, and the roomy interior with plenty of headroom makes a big difference when the weather is bad or if there are lots of campers sharing the tent.
There is plenty of room to stretch out and relax without feeling cramped.
The best tents are the ones that provide the maximum space, and this tent does just that. It is an ideal option for the family or large camping party
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds.Roomy interior: 16 x 7 ft. With 6 ft. 2 in. Center height; fits 3 queen-size air beds Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams helps keep water out
- Extended door awning keeps shoes and gear dry; hinged door offers easy access
- Measures 16 x 7 feet with 6-foot 2-inch center height
- Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
Massive amount of room and height!
Extended door awning for extra storage and protection.
Large interior space and height, sleeps 8 people easily.
Storage pockets for easy organising of small items
Angled windows allowing ventilation while keeping rain and wind out
Large amount of space.
Easy to setup and take down.
Ability to fully stand up.
Waterproof and windproof
Door awning could do with being deeper to provide more weather protection.
If you are looking for a larger tent to suit a family or small group, which is quick to setup, then the Coleman 8 person makes an ideal choice.
It is a heavy tent so would not be suitable for hiking or backpacking but, if you are driving to your site and need good amounts of room then it is a great option.
There is plenty of room for children to play or for you just to lay around relaxing whatever the weather.
5. Coleman Sundome Tent – Best Value
The Coleman Sundome Tent is lightweight, easy to setup and provides a comfortable home away from home.
The tent also offers an added bonus with its rain fly that can be connected for additional weather protection.
Setup of the tent takes about four minutes or less which makes it ideal if you are looking for quick set up during inclement weather conditions.
This tent has all of the features you need to enjoy your camping experience, without breaking the bank.
From ventilated walls that provide a cool and refreshing night’s sleep to an electrical port for charging devices, this tent is perfect for solo travelers or two people.
Coleman’s Weathertec System keeps water out when it rains due to the patented welded floor and inverted seams for maximum weather protection that can be missing from some other tents.
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Wind and rain tested: Strong frame withstands 35 plus mph winds
- Great ventilation: Large windows and ground vent for enhanced airflow
- Stay connected: E-port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside
- Easy setup: In 10 minutes
Polyester taffeta 75 denier flysheet.
Wind and rain tested withstands 35 MPH+ winds.
Available in sizes to suit 2,3,4,6 people.
Weatherproof welded seams prevent rain or groundwater from entering.
Brilliant in bad weather.
Does not leak a drop of rain or water
Very easy and fast to setup.
Tough withstands high winds easily.
Lots of internal room on all sizes
The provided tent pegs are prone to bending
We really like this tent. For the cost it is an absolute bargain. It really is totally weatherproof and even when subjected to standing water around the base it did not leak a drop.
The interior stays completely dry. Wind resistance is good and this would be an ideal summer or autumn tent for a family or small group of people looking for great quality at a good price.
With sizes from 2 people up to 6 people this tent, which is really quick to setup, makes a great choice.
There are a lot of tents available and finding the best tents for quick setup can be a challenge particularly if you are new to camping.
Our review has looked at the best 5 tents and we’ve chosen a variety of situations to give you as broad a view as possible to help you to make the right decision for your camping needs.