Tent camping has become increasingly popular in recent years. It’s fun to be out in the wild, and it’s a great way to get some fresh air.
However, sometimes you need something that will provide warmth for your tent so that it doesn’t feel too cold at night. That is when a portable wood burning stove can come in handy!
For a well made, bargain wood burner for a tent we recommend the Goture stove which is an easy to carry, unique wood burning camping stove with excellent heat control.
Table of Contents
Choosing a stove for a tent
It can be difficult to find the best portable wood burning stove for camping in a tent.
Some are too heavy, some don’t work well inside of a tent and others just aren’t safe.
In this blog post, we will review 5 different wood burning stoves that are perfect for use inside or outside a tent.
What to think about when choosing a wood burning stove for camping
You’ll want to make sure that you select the best wood burning stove for your tent and your camping needs. There are a few simple pointers to consider:
What is your budget? Stoves come in a range of prices and you’ll want to make sure that your chosen stove is affordable.
Do you want to cook on it? Being able to cook or boil water on a stove can be an attractive option for many campers. If you will need to do this then factor this into your final decision.
What size tent are you camping in? Stoves vary in the amount of heat that they can produce. Make sure that you choose the right size stove for your tent.
How much does the stove weigh? This is important if you are trekking or camping without access to transport. Being able to carry the stove without it becoming a burden will be important.
Is the stove suitable for use in your tent? There are some tent materials that will not stand up to a wood burning stove and which could melt or catch fire. Check that your tent and stove are compatible.
Portable Wood Burning Stoves Overview
Wood burning stoves for tents how do they work?
Wood burning stoves for tents work by using either solid pieces of wood or small logs.
Wood is dry and can be used to provide heat while camping in a tent, but you must make sure that the stove has good ventilation as it could start smoking when not properly vented.
If this happens then move your stove outside if possible so that air can get to the stove and it can heat up properly. This will reduce the smoke levels so that you can then carefully put it back inside the tent with proper ventilation.
The stove will have a chimney which will need to pass through the side or top of your tent to allow smoke to vent away and you will need to make sure that your tent has a vent hole to allow this.
Is it safe to use a wood burning stove in a tent?
Wood burning stoves for tents are safe to use. They have a lower heat output than an open fire, which makes them much safer in enclosed environments like your tent.
That being said there can be some risks associated with using any kind of stove inside the home or while camping if you don’t know what safety precautions need taken into account when using the stove.
When using any wood burning appliance, make sure that you never store anything combustible near your heater or in an area where it is not protected from a potential fire hazard (like next to the tent walls, sleeping bags or anything that could melt or catch fire).
You should also NEVER operate one without adequate ventilation and use appropriate fuel for indoor heating purposes.
The best way around this when camping would be to move your stove outside the tent area.
When camping with kids or pets, safety should always come first.
Will a wood burning stove keep you warm while tent camping?
Yes wood burning stoves are a great way to stay warm and cozy while camping in the winter or wet and cold weather.
They provide warmth with little effort and with care you can keep them lit overnight while you are asleep.
A wood burning stove will also prove useful for keeping the tent dry and for drying out damp items of clothing or boots, you can also use some wood burning stoves for cooking too, they are much more economical than a kerosene or gas camping stove and can be used in emergencies if you need to boil water for drinking.
The wood burning stoves on offer come with different features, some have an oven which will allow cooking of food as well while others only provide heat so it is important that when choosing your new portable outdoor appliance you think about your needs and what you will want to use the stove for.
Advantages of using a wood burning stove when tent camping
Wood burning stoves are great for camping because they’re lightweight and compact.
They provide a lot of heat, which is perfect for chilly nights in the tent.
The stove can be used to cook food as well as keep you warm at night.
There’s no need to buy propane or gas when you have your own wood burning stove.
You can use the stove to dry out damp clothes and other items, making them more comfortable to wear.
OneTigris Tiger Roar Tent Stove
The OneTigris Tiger Roar Tent Stove is a versatile tent stove that is perfect for winter camping expeditions, or any other type of outdoor cookout.
A crucial element in your camp gear pack, this stove will keep you cozy and warm while living “rough” under the stars with only the things on your back.
It’s constructed from stainless steel and finest German Schott ROBAX glass to withstand extreme temperatures (even without the wind-resistant frame).
All components are made of #304 stainless steel which means no rusting.
The Tiger Roar upright design allows for easy cooking, warming oneself and others in an emergency situation. It’s sleek design allows for excellent wind resistance making it perfect to be used as a stove without the frame on any type of ground surface- wet or dry!
The Tiger Roar has two grates that are adjustable which is great news if you’re going hiking with friends/family members who have different sized pots because everyone can cook their own meal at once – whether they prefer noodles over oatmeal
- VERSATILE TENT STOVE: Ideal for outdoorsmen for winter camping trips and outdoor cooking purposes. An essential camping gear keeps you warm in hot tent when going out for camping,ice fishing or hunting,etc.
- MATERIAL: Made up of stainless steel and German Schott ROBAX heat resistant glass.Stove body forged from #304 stainless steel，chimney/elbow pipes are made of #201 stainless steel.
- INCLUDES：Tent stove body, 7 sections of stove pipe-length 11.4″,2 sections of 45 degree elbow pipe, 2 sections of 90 degree elbow pipe,1 pair of leather glovess, 1 piece of replacement glass, 1 Ash scraper. All parts can be stored inside the stove body.
- WOOD STOVES SPECS：Dimension-17.3″x8.5″x10.6″(Packed) |Fire Box Size:7″x8.2″x15.3″=878.2in³ | Weight:9.6kg/21.2lb | Pipe diameter:6.0mm/2.36inch
- NOTE: Fuel Type-Dry seasoned wood only. Gloves are recommended to be worn when assembling,disassembling or using to avoid cut/burn injuries.
Kcelarec Camping Tent Stove,Wood Burning Stove with Chimney
The Kcelarec Camping Tent Stove is a compact, multi-functional stove for any occasion.
Strong titanium frame with dual windows prevent cold air from entering the tent to keep you warm inside.
With this compact, multifunctional technology, there’s no need to suffer through the freezing nights in your tent ever again!
Lightweight and quick setup means it’s perfect not only for family recreational pursuits but also travel and backpacking adventures as well
- CAMPING TENT STOVE WITH HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL:The camping tent stove is made of titanium, the stove is super light and easy to carry, can conduct heat quickly and not easy to deform at the same time.And the camping tent stove has dual windows, side rack and wood drying basket that set itself apart from other stoves. Also the stove comes with 3 stakes and ropes to better support the chimney !!
- CAMPING TENT STOVE :Size:15x14x11inches;Chimney length: 7.85 ft ;Package Weight: 7.2lbs.The tent stove is sold with a convenient bag included. You can package the stove in this handy bag and then put it in your backpack for travel.
- CAMPING TENT STOVE WITH HEAT-RESISTANT GLASS DESIGN:The camping tent stove is designed with glass windows for easy observation of the fire in the stove. And at night, it can also bring you warm lighting.
- During winter camping, people no longer have to suffer cold nights inside a tent. Our titanium fast folding tent camping stove allows you to travel light, while providing good heat source and cooking function.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The package is equipped with detailed product assembly instructions to quickly assemble this camping tent stove. If you have any questions with our product assembly, you can contact us.
Fltom Camp Tent Stove, Portable Wood Burning Stove for Tent
Fltom Camp Tent Stove offers high heat output and the wide surface area means you can cook a meal quickly.
Excellent for individuals who would like to cook their meal in the outdoors or those looking to get away from campfires but not entirely ditching the warmth of a flame.
This stove is perfect because it has 6 sections that measure 2 inches by 4 with ribs along its length (measuring 4’69” high) so it can fit inside any shelter no matter how big or small without being too tall for comfort!
- High Heat Output: the stove can quickly reach a temperature, act as a heater to provide warmth and heat to a space in outdoor camping trips.
- Sectional Stove Pipes: 6 pieces pipe, the maximum height is 4.69 feet, diameter is 2.36inch / 6cm. The height can be adjusted to suit different space, like tipi-tent or tiny house.
- Multi-function: The flat top of the stove is your cooking surface. The wood burning stove can be used to cook just about anything a you can cook on the range in your kitchen.
- Easy to Use and Safe: Camping wood stoves use natural fuel sources like firewood, twigs, wood chips etc. Be vertically vented by running the flue pipe out of the top of a tent.
- Detachable and Portable: The whole stove adopts a detachable design scheme. You can easily remove the collapsible four legs and chimney pipes, it’s easy to store and carry.
Goture Camping Stove, Portable Wood Burning Stove
The Goture stove is an easy to carry, unique wood burning camping stove with excellent heat control.
Each metal part is high temperature resistant paint and the pyroceram glass has a thick-walled design for insulating performance at higher temperatures.
There are 5 chimneys (you can choose) and full kits available: one of each pipe type or all pipes plus wind shields and wire. It has a wide variety of uses including heating space, outdoor and indoor cooking and boiling water.
It’s a great stove with many features that make it stand out from the crowd of other wood burning stoves for camping or just general use
- Complete Combustion. Double walls on the one side with air intake vents interior ensure plenty of airflow to get the wood started more easily and clean combustion. There are also two removable fire grates in bottom keeping the fire in the firebox longer and let more air enter the stove to help the fuel burn more completely.
- Great Seal & Heat Control. Tested by thousands of camping lovers, Goture wood burning stoves are airtight without leaking smoke to be safe to use in a tent. Adopted heat-resistant paint that could withstand up to 1202℉(650℃) with no awful smell or color fading. Features an air-control damper damper and heat-resistant glass window (up to 2192℉(1200℃)) for fire management and ambiance. Note: If the glasses are broken for logistics, don’t worry, just contact us for exchanging.
- Portable to Carry with 24 Lbs. Quick install and disassemble within 8 minutes. The portable wood stove adopts a detachable design scheme. The removable pipes and spark arrestor can be put into the stove. With one carry bag, you can pack the hot tent stove into the small bag for transport and storage.
- Multi-function. With high efficient heat output, our camping stove is an excellent heating and cooking solution in compatible tents, recreational shelters and for general outdoor use. The removable flat top surface lend cooking versatility, such as make a hot coffee, cook with a pan or enjoy the barbecue, perfectly meeting the needs of the avid outdoorsman. Two side racks additional further extend the cooking surface and can be used for placing tableware and drying items.
- Thoughtful and Safe Design. 5 sections of 2.36″ diameter pipes can be adjusted to suit in recreational shelters such as teepees, bell tents, yurts, canvas tents and even in tiny homes and vans when properly installed. The maximum height is 94.5″(stove + pipes). Spark arrestor help prevent the emission of flammable debris for additional safe. Foldable legs ensure the camping wood stove won’t wobble on uneven grounds. We also prepare one pair of gloves to prevent cutting and burning.
Dy Stove, Portable Wood Burning Stove for Tent
The Dy Portable Wood Burning Stove for Tent is perfect for those who need a stove that can be collapsed and stored in the smallest of spaces.
This lightweight stove will heat up with little time and provide significant warmth to any tent or other small space that you might be camping in – cabin, shelter etc.
The Dy Stove is well suited for cooking most anything you might throw on your kitchen range, while maintaining all the benefits of campfire cooking without adding any smoke flavor to your meals.
Packing away this collapsible camping wood burning stove takes just seconds and it collapses down into its own carrying bag for easy and convenient carrying.
- No smoke But Heat more
- Low fuel cost and consumption
- light on and warm
- compact potable light weight
- outdoor and indoor use