When you’re camping, there are several electrical appliances that might be a necessity or come in handy. Portable generators for camping make it possible to enjoy these appliances while away from the power grid.
However, before purchasing one of these products, there are some things you need to know about them and how they work.
Many of us love the great outdoors. Camping is a favorite pastime for many, but what if you need electricity while camping? One option is to use a portable generator. While there are different options available on the market, not all models can support your electronics and appliances. In this blog post we will review 5 of the top rated generators for camping so that you can make an informed decision before purchasing one
5 Best Portable Generators for Camping Overview
Camping is one of the most enjoyable pastimes. It gives you a chance to unplug and get closer with family and friends.
However, camping can be quite an adventure if not prepared properly. There are many things to consider before going on a camping trip as well as while at your campsite. One of the biggest concerns is power supply for all that stuff that makes camping fun such as lights, fans, TV or gaming consoles etc.
These 5 portable power stations suitable for all your power requirements while camping.
Whether you need electricity for lights or laptops or even to run the portable washing machine, these power plants will deliver all of the power that you need.
Yeti 6000X Portable Power Station
The Yeti is the world’s most powerful portable power station with a 120V AC inverter.
Charge your cell phone in seconds, quickly jump-start your car and more.
Featuring an 6071wh Lithium-Ion battery, the YETI has enough juice to power your lights, charge your phone, keep your laptop powered up or run your campsite washing machine.
With more than enough capacity for all your campsite power needs the Yeti 6000X is an ideal choice.
No products found.
Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station
With both an AC Inverter and a generator in one, the 3000X is a convenience for any household.
Fit your entertainment, electronics or appliances anywhere up to 3 hours without power with it’s lithium battery, then turn on its 2550 watt generator when needed to let residents live comfortably (or at least more individually) through outdoor adventures where grid power may not be available.
With built-in USB ports which recharge a phone 253 times, you can charge anything from laptops to tablets over 4 inches monitor when the need arises—all while staying entertained by two HDMI
- HIGH CAPACITY: With 3,032Wh, power your life at work, at home, and on the road. Seven versatile port options allow you to run everything from power tools and refrigerators to electric bikes and wood-fired grills.
- HOME BACKUP: Back up your home with power from your Yeti 3000X. Keep your fridge running for 43 hours and your light bulbs lit for 276 hours.It can be integrated into your home’s circuits for seamless backup power with the Home Integration Kit (sold separately). For an added bonus, you can control your Yeti 3000X with the Yeti App and switch to battery saver mode as needed.
- RECHARGE WITH SOLAR: Maximize your solar input with Goal Zero’s MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking), which increases solar input by up to 30 percent. Turn your Yeti 3000X into a solar generator when you choose from our lightweight Nomad Solar Panels for portability, our durable Boulder series, or our Boulder installation models for semi-permanent or permanent installation.
- DURABLE AND SAFE: Professional grade construction with a heavy duty anodized aluminum enclosure and internal separately sealed battery unit provides years of use at home or off-grid. Goal Zero uses only the highest quality Tier 1 Lithium battery cells, which are protected by an advanced multi-sensor battery management system. Our best-in-class US-based customer service is there whenever you need us, and our 2-year warranty backs the Yeti 3000X for additional peace of mind.
- POWER IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND: Monitor, control, and optimize your power usage from anywhere with the Yeti App 3.0. Features remote control of power in/out, real-time power consumption notifications, and charging profiles to optimize your battery life.
DuroMax XP15000E Gas Powered Portable Generator
If you need an affordable power source for your campsite or to keep your RV running the DuroMax XP15000E Gas Powered Portable Generator is a great choice.
This unit has 713cc V-Twin Engine providing more than enough power with only one gallon of gasoline per hour at 50% load.
With multiple outlets, low oil shut-off and electric start it’s an easy decision for budget conscious consumers!
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP15000E is powered by a 713cc V-Twin DuroMax engine.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 15,000 peak watts and 12,000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- DuroMax generators feature an extra large fuel tank for maximum runtime. All DuroMax generators are approved for use in all 50 states by EPA and CARB, and follow strict guidelines to ensure our generators are as environmentally-friendly as possible
- LOW OIL SHUT-OFF: Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low.
- Fully Loaded Power Panel: The XP15000E comes equipped with a digital multimeter that shows voltage, frequency, and hours run, and a wide variety of outlets including a transfer switch-ready 50 amp outlet.
Pecron Q3000S Portable Power Station
The Pecron Q3000S is a powerful mobile charger that stores 3000 watt hours of power.
It has features like a 110/2000W pure-sine wave generator, 12V cigar jack, QC3.0 USB ports and Smart Synergy Technology that maximizes your battery capacity while powering other items with an adequate charge level at the same time.
With wheels and a handle making it easy to move and transport, the Pecron Q3000S is ideal for camping, RV escapes and any applications where you need easy to access, portable power.
- HIGH POWER&LARGE BATTERY CAPACITY：Super 2000W Output power；3024Wh(25.2V 120Ah) Battery Capacity; 3 kinds of charging type:Support grid charging, car charging, solar charging easy to use for home and outdoor.MODEL NAME：Q3000S
- EASY TO CARRY/QUIET/ECO-FRIENDLY:Unique wheels and double handle design,easy to carry;It is a good product to replace gasoline generator.No fuel or gasoline needed!NO Noise!NO Smoke!NO Pollution! More Environmental,plug and play,easy to use.It can be easily charged with efficient solar panels.Please buy the solar panels separately. Pure sine wave inverter portable power station to protect your sensitive equipment.
- PROFESSIONAL OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY:Multi-port is suitable for different applications, making your outdoor camping more interesting and convenient;①110VAC output port*3 (easy to fit for the equipment directly); ②QC3.0 USB*2 (easy to fit for your smart phones or ipad);③12V DC cigar port*1 (easy to fit for different kinds of vehicle electrical appliances).
- SAFE DESIGN & RELIABLE SERVICE：Build-in BMS battery control system,with short,overload,over temperature protection,more safety.110V Pure-sine output waveform make sure there is no damage for your devices,more stable and more safety.With CE,FCC,Rohs certification,security guarantee.After payment, the product will be shipped the next day. We will update the tracking ID in time for customers to inquire.It will be delivered in about a week.
- PACKAGE DETAILS&WARRANTY TIME:①1*Q3000S Portable Power Station; ②1*Accessory Pack ;③1*Power Adapter ;④1*Car Charger; ⑤1*4 Core Aviation Plug To MC4 Solar Charging Cable; ⑥1*User Manual&warranty card. All pecron products provide 12 month warranty,free replacement or repair on any damaged (non man-made damage) within 12 month.If there is any problem for the products usage,please return to our Minnesota state warehouse,we will fix it and return back to you.
Yeti 1500X Portable Power Station
The 1516Wh Portable Lithium Battery features 7 different output ports, 2000W AC inverter, and an easy to carry 8.6lb commercial grade design.
The 1500X is great on the go but still powerful enough for a full-sized home.
Portable enough to store under your workbench or bring camping, the 1516Wh 1500X is a max-powered power station.
At just over 40 pounds, it`s not for backpacking but could be crucial in emergencies when you need backup power and a full workout at once.
- THE #1 WOOD-BURNING CAMP STOVE: The Solo Stove Campfire has been recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel’s very own Matt Graham.
- PATENTED DESIGN: With patent #D701,721, our backpacking stove features a unique double wall that creates ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- FUEL ECONOMY: A lightweigh stove which uses twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Eliminates the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Nests inside the companion Solo Stove 2 Pot Set (sold separately) leaving you with more room in your backpack.
- BOILS FAST: Boils water in 2-4 mins (34 fl oz. water). 7″ Diameter, 6.7″/9.25″ tall (packed/assembled). Weighs only 2.2 lbs. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.
How to use a portable generator when camping
Camping is a fun activity that people, both young and old, engage in.
However, it can be challenging to have fun and stay entertained when you are not sure how to handle the power needs of modern gadgets.
Thankfully there are portable generators now available that make life easier for campers who want to enjoy themselves without worrying about keeping their devices charged.
With so many portable generators on the market choosing one can be overwhelming for anyone who is not an expert.
All of the above generators have been fully tried and tested and you can be sure that, whatever your selection, it will provide you with all of your camping power needs for many years to come.