Camping can be an expensive activity to get started with and there are plenty of items of equipment that as a new camper that you will need to acquire. If you are new to camping, camping on a budget or a family looking to reduce costs, then it makes sense to look at cheaper options and one area where you can save money is with the tent.
In selecting the best cheap tent for your camping you will need to watch out for low quality and poorly designed tents as there are plenty of cheap tents around and finding quality cheap tents can take some time and effort.
There are many good family tents that are available for reasonable prices and which will provide years of reliable service if they are cared for properly. We’ve taken care of the fine details to find the top 5 family tents for less than $100 which will give you years of camping pleasure.
In a hurry?
If you don’t have time use the links below to quickly find the best cheap tent for less than $100, on Amazon, which will be great for you and your family. You can be assured that we only choose the best products…
Best Overall – Coleman Tent Sundome Dome
Best Equipped – Hodlex Family Camping Tent
Best Cheap Tent Overview
1. Coleman 4 Person Dome Tent
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Wind and rain tested: Strong frame withstands 35 plus mph winds
- Great ventilation: Large windows and ground vent for enhanced airflow
- Stay connected: E-port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside
- Easy setup: In 10 minutes
2. Hodlex 4-5 Person Family Camping Tent
3. Hewolf 4 Person Easy Setup Family Tent
- ⛺Easy Set Up: Open the package,throw this camping tent in the air, watch it open itself in seconds. No need to fumble with poles or complicated instructions,perfect for all occasions.
- ⛺Ventilation& Blocking Mosquitoes: The pop up tent has 2 mesh doors and 2 mesh windows,keep fresh air in continuously while high density mesh net keeping insects out.
- ⛺Family Tent: There are two sizes to choose.2 person tent 102.3×41.3×59 inch,4 person tent 110.2×47.2×78.7 inch.You can choose the right instant tent according to your needs.
- ⛺Waterproof and Windproof: 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric, provide UPF 50+ Sun Protection;1500MM waterproof fabric and the taped seam Keeping your camping equipment dry;The 8.5mm diameter poles perform better in strong wind.
- ⛺Great for All Occasions: whether you need a tent for traveling, backpacking, hiking, festivals outdoors or you are headed out for a weekend camping trip with family and friends, this is an ideal tent to fit your needs.
4. Moon Lence 4 Person Camping Tent
- Roomy 4-5 Person Tent: With the unfolding size of 290*308*133cm (114.2*121.3*52.4in), the tent is spacious for 4-5 adults. Weigh only 4.65kg (10.25lb), it can be stored in to the 83*18*18cm (32.7*7.1*7.1in) carry bag. Super easy to carry it everywhere.
- Breathable & Stable: 4 Large mesh windows and 1D-shaped doors with dual zippers provide much better ventilation. Equipped with 10 lightweight Alloy Pegs and 5 Guy Ropes, the tent has a high resistance of wind. More Secure.
- All-round protection: 190T PU material and 210D Oxford Ground Sheet provide 2000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. The Windows and Door equipped with high quality SBS zippers can be closed tightly, which provide stronger resistance to harsh weather.
- Easy to Setup：Instant Pop up Mechanism makes you set up inner tent within 1 minute. Simply lift top of the tent, pop the top mechanism down and then click the bottom joints into place. Easy and save your time.
5. Wnnideo 4 Person Family Tent
No products found.
All of the tents featured above are normally available at less than $100 and they are all suitable for family use up to 4 people.
If you are on a budget or simply looking to keep your camping trips as cheap as possible then any of these tents will be suitable, they are all well made and, providing that you pack them away carefully, will last for many years.