Do you love the open road and the freedom of being on a motorcycle?
If so, you’ll definitely want to check out motorcycle camping.
This is a great way to experience all that nature has to offer while still enjoying the convenience and comfort of having a roof over your head.
But before you hit the open road, make sure you have these must-haves for motorcycle camping.
1. A Tent – Of course, one of the most important items when camping is a tent.
Make sure you choose one that is big enough for your needs and that can withstand wind and rain but which you can carry on your bike and easily setup.
2. A Cooking Stove – Whether you’re cooking over an open fire or using a stovetop, it’s important to have something to cook with.
A small camping stove is a great option, as it can be easily packed and set up.
- COOKING POWER: Up to 22,000 total BTUs
- 5 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: For precise temperature control
- WIND-BLOCKING PANELS: Shield burners from wind and adjust for various pan sizes
- PRESSURE REGULATOR: Pressure-control technology for consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- EASY TO CLEAN: Chrome-plated grate and rust-resistant aluminum cooktop
3. Food and Water – In order to stay fuelled during your motorcycle camping trip, you need to bring plenty of food and water.
Make sure that you pack lightweight foods like dried fruit, nuts, granola bars, and jerky that you can easily eat on the go.
4. Extra Batteries – No one wants to get caught out in the wilderness with a dead phone or camera.
Make sure you bring extra batteries for all of your devices, as well as a portable charger if possible.
5. A First Aid Kit – Accidents can happen while camping, so it’s always a good idea to have a well-stocked first aid kit with you.
This should include bandages, ointments, and other basic supplies that can help treat minor injuries.
- Kit Includes: Adhesive fabric and plastic bandages, antibiotic ointments, BZK antiseptic towelettes, burn cream packets, aspirin, ibuprofen, gauze roll and pads, wound closures, cold pack, and other multi-use items for any potential emergency
- Convenient Packaging: Fabric case with clear plastic pockets for organization and easy access to first aid supplies in an emergency
- Compact and Spacious: Two separate layers with individual compartments make retrieval easy and quick. Soft sided, zippered case great for travel and on the go use
- First Aid Care Ideal For: First aid care for home, travel, and on the go use
6. A Sleeping Bag or Pad – Whether you’re sleeping under the stars or in your tent, you’ll need something to keep you warm at night.
A good sleeping bag or mattress pad can make all the difference in getting a good night’s sleep while camping.
7. Clothes and Footwear – Be sure to pack clothing that is appropriate for the weather and terrain where you’ll be camping.
Sturdy shoes or boots that can handle all types of terrain are also a must, as you’ll be spending lots of time on your feet outdoors.
8. Matches or lighter to light the stove or to get a campfire going – firelighters can also be useful too.
9. If you are wild camping and will be collecting your own fuel for fires then a hatchet, axe or sturdy knife will be useful.
- ????♂️ One-Piece Axe & Knife – Both axe and camping knife with rope handle is forged entirely from 3CR13 steel, which has excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The axe also comes in three sizes of hex bore for use as a wrench (5/8 “, 1/2 “, and 3/8”). The rope on both handles can be easily disassembled for emergency use.
- ????♂️ 10” Machete Knife – The machete knife has a sharp blade for cutting and back teeth for wood sawing. High-quality 3CR13 steel with black paint ensures durability and corrosion resistance. The comfortable and textured rubber grip handle is provided with an anti-skid groove to prevent slipping and injuring yourself in the process of use
- ????♂️ Great Choice for Outdoor Work – Axe and two Knives have their protective nylon Sheath, whose snap-button closure and hook and loop fasteners scabbard protects the blades for extra safety. Belt loop for easy attachment to your belt, keeping everything at your fingertips when needed.
- ????♂️ More Tools Beyond Your Expectations – There is also a 250LM zoomable flashlight with 3 AAA batteries inside. Three modes of high, low, and strobe will meet many of your needs. Five carabiner clips and 50 feet of parachute cord will help a lot during camping or hunting outdoors. In addition, a whetstone and a flint stick are also musts for camping
- ????♂️ What You Get – Combo Set includes one piece 10-inch machete knife with sheath, 1 piece tactical axe with sheath, 1 piece hunting knife with corresponding sheath, 1 piece 250Lm flashlight, 5 pieces carabiners, 1 piece 50feet long paracord, 1 piece flint stick and 1 piece knife stone sharpener. Perfect for outdoor activities such as fixing gardens, camping, hiking, and DIY home & farm projects
These are just a few of the must-haves for motorcycle camping.
Of course, you’ll also want to pack other items like toiletries, maps, and a flashlight.
But as long as you have the essentials, you’ll be ready for an amazing adventure on your motorcycle.